Creating a Durable Power of Attorney with a Round Rock Estate Planning Attorney
A durable power of attorney is someone who can act on your behalf should you become incapacitated. A Round Rock estate planning attorney can explain that there are generally two types of durable powers of attorney: one to handle finances and one to handle your personal needs.
Power of Attorney over Finances as Explained by a Round Rock Estate Planning Attorney
A power of attorney over finances generally takes care of all business and financial needs while the person is incapacitated. A Round Rock estate planning attorney can explain that some common duties include:
- Paying rent and other bills
- Making investment decisions
- Borrowing and lending money
- Handling banking needs
Power of Attorney over Person as Explained by a Round Rock Estate Planning Attorney
A power of attorney over the person generally consists of handling healthcare and comfort needs. A Round Rock estate planning lawyer can explain that some major duties include:
- Deciding what medicine you take
- Choosing where you live
- Determining your doctors
- Making the decision on what type of medical procedures are performed
Choosing a Power of Attorney
A Round Rock estate planning lawyer can tell you that choosing the right power of attorney can be an extremely difficult task. Depending upon your circumstances, the choice can either be easy or excruciatingly difficult. Some factors you may want to consider include:
- Reliability. You will want your power of attorney to be reliable and available to carry out the duties when necessary.
- Beliefs. Since your durable power of attorney will act on your behalf, a Round Rock estate planning lawyer will tell you that it is very important to choose a power of attorney with similar beliefs as yours.
- Age and Capacity. To ensure that your power of attorney is around when you need him or her, you should consider that person’s age and capacity.
Contact a Round Rock Estate Planning Attorney
If you have any questions about whether you need a durable power of attorney and how to draft such a power, contact a Round Rock estate planning attorney at Gallini Law, PLLC by calling 817-303-2820.